Main Article Content
Sleep plays a role in restoring the body's biochemical and physiological processes which decrease when awake. People is not familiar yet with sleep disturbances, so they rarely seek help. Sleep disturbances can cause family problems and are at risk of fatal traffic accidents. Fragant Pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius Roxb.) contains alkaloids, saponins and flavonoids which can provide a hypnotic sedative effect. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of fragant Pandan leaf extract (Pandanus amaryllifolius Roxb.) administration in shortening the sleep induction time of male Swiss Webster strain mice. A post-test only design experimental laboratory study was conducted with control group design. The test animals used were 25 Swiss Webster male mice divided into five groups randomly : G1 group was given distilled water, G2 was given diazepam dose 1 mg / KgBB, the G3, G4 and G5 groups were given fragant Pandan leaf extract with a dose of 4 mg/25g BB, 6 mg/25g BB and 8mg/25g BB, respectively. One Way ANOVA statistical test showed significant differences in mice sleep onset (p=0.000) between groups. The results of the Post Hoc test using LSD analysis showed that there were significant differences between positive controls with groups G3, G4 and G5. Fragrant Pandan leaf extract dose of 8 mg/g BB can shorten the time of mice sleep induction male Swiss Webster strain mice. While the dose of 4 mg/g BB cannot shorten the time of induction of sleeping mice.
Keywords: Fragant Pandan leaf extract; Hypnotic-sedative; Sleep disturbances.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the journal. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
What are my rights as an author?
It is important to check the policy for the journal to which you are submitting or publishing to establish your rights as
Author. Journal's standard policies allow the following re-use rights:
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to obtain publishing rights without restrictions.
- You may do whatever you wish with the version of the article you submitted to the journal.
- Once the article has been accepted for publication, you may post the accepted version of the article on your own personal website, your department's website or the repository of your institution without any restrictions.
- You may not post the accepted version of the article in any repository other than those listed above (i.e. you may not deposit in the repository of another institution or a subject-matter repository) until 12 months after publication of the article in the journal.
- You may use the published article for your own teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues, provided that such supply is not for commercial purposes.